Friday, June 09, 2006

UBD 3rd Science and Technology Week - OGDC Techâ„¢ Challenge Competition 2006

This afternoon just now, there was tech challenge held in UBD chancellor hall. Eighteen groups consist of four members joined the competition (UBD and ITB students only). There were two challenge, I forgot the name but I know the first one something to do with aeroplane and the second one was about free fall of marble.

I just want to congrat a team from Computer Science, called themself zugzwang (a german word). The team members were me, green girl, has_ayono and alien-r. We won third place unofficially.. sort of. Actually, what happened just now was, during the prize presentation they announced the third place winner wrongly. Only few knew we won!!! We missed the hall of fame photos session, but that was not important.

I want to congrat to civil engineering students from ITB as well. They had tie-break match with our group to decide the third place winner. Luck was with us, great job by has_ayono.

Team work, general skills and good use of strategy were the keys to winning. It's not about whether your are pyhsics, maths, chemistry, engineering students or what so ever.

2 Comments:

Blogger Green Wanderer said...

lololololol zugzwang? Enemy is forced to move even if they don't want?

Thursday, June 15, 2006 5:17:00 AM  
Blogger duolulu said...

Hehe.. I like the meaning. The OGDC host hardly pronounce that word.. me myself don't know how to say it either. I chose that word since World Cup is in Germany... :D.

Thursday, June 15, 2006 8:30:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home